Attorney Robyn Hattaway is located in the Rockledge office, where she focuses on Business Transactions and Health Law. Attorney Hattaway is available to meet with clients by Zoom, Facetime, Microsoft Teams, or in person as clients are most comfortable.
Attorney Hattaway began her career in litigation representing large publicly held corporations in complex business disputes. She has experience in both federal and state courts. Her practice includes civil litigation, real property litigation, franchise transactions and development, as well as business litigation.
Attorney Hattaway is a graduate/participant in LEAD Brevard (2014) and WeVenture’s ATHENA NextGen Women’s Leadership Program . She is a member of the Board of Directors for LEAD Brevard and Family Promise of Brevard. She is a Trustee on the Health First Foundation Board of Trustees. She is a member of the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce as well as the Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce. Attorney Hattaway believes strongly in contributing to her local community through such organizations such as Brevard Public Schools, Literacy for Adults in Brevard, Florida Supreme Court Justice Teaching Program, and 2-1-1 Brevard.
Attorney Hattaway is presently admitted to practice law in Florida and Georgia . She is currently a member of the Florida Bar Health Law, Business Law, Sections and City, County & Local Government Section. Attorney Robyn Hattaway also serves on the Florida Bar Government Advocacy Committee.
Attorney Hattaway received her law degree from Emory University School of Law, and her undergraduate degree in Government and Sociology from the University of Texas.
Focus of Practice
In the News
- Everything Brevard: Commissioning New Ideas
- High schoolers get Port Canaveral career glimpse via ambassador program
- Port Authority Vice Chair Hattaway spearheads ‘junior ambassador’ educational program
- Port Canaveral must go through competitive process to retain attorney | Opinion
- Port Authority vice chair questions attorney’s $350 bill for attending shipboard event
- Port Canaveral Commissioner Robyn Hattaway: ‘Integrity in Government Contracts Requires Competition’
- Initiate and defend clients in business litigation, real property litigation, franchise transactions and development.
- Negotiate lease termination, franchise agreement termination, and physician employment agreements.
- Investigate and answer alleged compliance and consumer complaints from Florida Attorney General and federal agencies.
- Represent clients before local municipal boards regarding COVID orders.
- Develop strategic business planning: draft operating agreements, draft and edit sales contracts, negotiate contracts and advise businesses including medical groups, individual physicians, pharmacology research specialists, and new franchisees.
- Manage medical malpractice claims and coordinate with insurance carriers and defense counsel.
- Educate medical practices via interactive educational seminars on maintaining electronic records, confidentiality in correspondence, HIPPA compliance, and attorney client privilege.
- Present educational programs to businesses and non-profits re: privilege and confidentiality in a digital world, risk avoidance, volunteer management and liability. Provide risk management services via hold harmless agreements, liability waivers, and consents to avoid corporate or non-profit liability exposure.
- Managed complex commercial litigation as lead associate in trademark infringement, franchise law, and breach of contract.
- Drafted contract provisions for large property management company.