What Does Commercial Property Insurance Cover?Commercial property insurance is a type of insurance that helps protect business owners from financial loss if their property is damaged or destroyed. This type of policy can cover buildings, equipment, inventory, and other types of property owned by a business. In some cases, commercial property insurance may also provide coverage for business interruption, which can help a business continue to operate after a covered loss.
Reasons to File a ClaimMany different events could lead to a commercial property insurance claim. Some of the most common include:
- Wind or Hail Damage
- Water Damage
Filing a ClaimIf you need to file a commercial property insurance claim, the first step is to notify your insurer as soon as possible. You will then need to provide information about the incident, including when and where it occurred, what damage occurred, and how much it will cost to repair or replace the damaged property. Your insurer will then investigate the claim and determine whether or not your policy will cover it. However, this process can often take weeks or even months.
Commercial Property Insurance DisputesInsurance claims disputes happen when an insurance company denies a claim or does not pay the total amount to which the policyholder is entitled. Denials or underpayments can be due to many reasons, such as the insurance company believing that:
- The damage is not covered under the policy
- The policyholder is not entitled to the full amount of coverage
- The policyholder did not provide enough information about the incident
Legal Representation for Property Insurance DisputesLacey Lyons Rezanka helps with insurance claim disputes for commercial property owners in Florida. Our attorneys can help you understand your rights and options and represent your interests in negotiations with the insurance company. If you decide to file a lawsuit, we can also represent you in court. With a thorough understanding of Florida insurance law, our legal team can guide you through the complex legal process of insurance disputes and help you find the best possible outcome for your Commercial Property Insurance Claims case. Contact us today by calling 321-608-0890.
Tips for Commercial Property Insurance HoldersAs a business owner, there are several things you can prepare in case you ever run into a property insurance dispute:
- Have a detailed inventory of all your business property so that you can provide accurate information to your insurance company.
- Gather all relevant documentation, including the policy, police reports, bills, estimates, and receipts. Always keep good records of all documentation related to any claims.
- In the event of property damage, get more than one estimate for repairs if possible.
- Read your policy carefully and make sure you understand what is covered and what is not.
- Talk to an attorney who specializes in insurance disputes. At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, our legal team can review your policy and help you determine what coverage you have and what your options are.