Lacey Lyons Rezanka: a Law Firm with a Track Record of SuccessThe threat of a lawsuit is often part of doing business for many companies, but litigation can have a significant impact on your operations and bottom line. It is vital for companies locked in legal disputes to have a trusted, experienced Melbourne commercial litigation attorney in their corner. At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, we help companies resolve a wide range of legal disputes in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators who combine decades of experience. We are pleased to be able to assist the businesses that are the lifeblood of our local community and proud of our strong track record of successful results. A Melbourne commercial litigation lawyer will take the time to understand your unique situation and goals. An attorney will also guide you through the litigation process with experience and personal attention, keeping you apprised of your rights and options every step of the way. Our firm’s record of success includes resolving matters efficiently, often without long and drawn-out court battles. We are skilled negotiators who understand how to resolve disputes through settlement whenever possible and our tested litigators are ready to go to trial when needed.
What Are Some Common Florida Business Disputes?Legal disputes among businesses come in many shapes and sizes and can be resolved in a number of different ways. An experienced Melbourne commercial litigation attorney can advise you on the full spectrum of issues companies may face. What are these common types of business disputes?:
- Breach of contract: Contracts are an essential part of business operations, often used to govern everything from purchasing and shipping to hiring and firing. Breach of contract is a legal claim in which one business or other party alleges another has violated the terms of a legally binding agreement.
- Construction law: Building and construction disputes often involve breach of contract claims, whether they stem from liens, defects, delays, or zoning and land use.
- Business torts: These claims involve legal duties other than those set out in a contract and can include interference with contract, fraud, embezzlement, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Antitrust: Collusion, bid-rigging, and other anticompetitive activities are governed by a patchwork of laws.
- Unfair trade practices: Unfair business practices harm consumers and other businesses alike by stifling competition.
- Insurance Claims & Disputes: Businesses have the right to fight back against insurers who try to avoid paying benefits or offer pennies on the dollar for valid business interruption and other claims.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Corporate officers and directors owe a general duty of care and specific fiduciary duties to the company and its shareholders. Self-dealing and conflicts of interest and widely considered breaches.